Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ugly Sweater Party

So our friends Hannah and LJ Nielsen (Todd's mission buddy), had us over to their house last night for an ugly sweater party. Todd and I went to DI Friday to find our attire and we found some good stuff. Todd even found a sweater that was actually really nice for three bucks (great store, haha). Todd had to work all yesterday so I did Saturday chores, took an english final and made some yummy treats for the party...YUM! I made chocolate, chocolate truffles (of coarse, what else would you expect from me), but some of them I put candy canes on for a festive flare, and I made chocolate dipped strawberries. (I also had plenty of leftovers to make some Christmas favors for my committee members and they ended up looking very cute I might add) Boy was my kitchen messy at the end! I was doing pretty good until I dipped everything but once I started dipping I had chocolate everywhere, I totally had an "I Love Lucy" moment...anyone know what I am talking about?:) (but like I always said with my roommates, food messes make for great food!). Todd was a little taken back when he got home but he had to finish the dipping while I got ready. The party was fun; but only four of us wore ugly sweaters, haha. We ate too much sugar and played one of our favorite games "Oh Hell" or as the Wilson's call it "Oh Darn". I won the second game by the way:). It was great to celebrate the season with friends, ugly sweaters and CHOCOLATE!
The food...YUM
The Nielsens' and the Altoms'
Merry Christmas from these two cute faces

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm glad you had fun at the party. The treats look delish! Great work!

Stephanie Lowe said...

You had beautiful tasty strawberries at an ungly sweater party, how tacky. Sillly Altoms.

The Conquistador of Chaos said...

ALTOMS! How are you, it was nice to read ya'll's blog. Sounds like ya'll are having a lot of great adventures and I couldn't be happier for the both of you. Todd, miss ya buddy. Hope all is well!