Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just a day, just an ordinary day

The most exciting part of my day was hearing that I would have a new niece; Congratulations Craig, Jac and Olivia! That saddest part of my day was learning that I have lost my powers:(. For those who don't know, I tend to be able to guess when people are pregnant and what they are having. Little Lucy or Emery broke my 9 year streak; I thought they would have a boy... well actually I was really confused because originally I thought it would be a girl but then I changed to boy. So, I'm just a normal person now, not the baby whisperer... dang it.

I'm blogging today not because I really have anything to say but because I'm bored. Todd flew out this morning to Arkansas to go interview with Wal-Mart. He will be back Saturday evening and I can already tell this will be a long couple of days. He has his first interview tomorrow so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He got all nervous last night (it was cute) but I am sure he will do great. It is strange to think in a couple more months we will be somewhere else yet again. We are both very excited for this big change. We don't know where we will be but we are excited for an adventure that requires us to plant some roots. I'm sure we will get cabin fever after four months... it'll be strange not to be moving.

Other than Todd flying around the country and leaving me behind, our life is pretty ordinary... ordinarily boring. Tomorrow night, I get the pleasure of spending three hours renewing my CPR and first-aid training... yippy for me. I'll miss my shows which I am sadly addicted to (Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice... life just seems so much better and happier after watching those shows, they have way to much drama). This morning I went and got my blood drawn (which seems to have become part of my monthly routine) and it went so well (that's how exciting our life is... I blog about getting blood drawn). I hate needles and even though I have gotten my blood drawn a bagillion times (I exaggerated, I know), I'm scared every single time. Today I went and the lady was amazing!! I was seriously out of there in less then a minute with no pain. I told her she was amazing and that I wanted her to be the one poking me from now on. She just laughed at me but oh how she became my new favorite person.

As ordinary as we feel life has gotten, we are enjoying having a routine in our life and we are very optimistic that life will once again be crazy, just the way we like it. We hope all is well with all of you and the New Year is being good to you. Love ya!

Take Luck Todd!!! (if you read this before tomorrow which I doubt will happen)

p.s. Gus was dog of the month at Blue Buffalo, here is a link to his card and his story:

http://www.bluebufftradingcards.com/Index.aspx

... we have yet to receive any of the free stuff...

4 comments:

Wohlford Family said...

Ashleigh! I really want to come visit you and your boring life. Mine is pretty boring too sooo...let's just hang out...eat some fishy crackers...and perhaps watch a little Kardashians and call it good! Love you!

Ashleigh and Todd said...

Love that plan Mindy!!! When?

Austin and Caitlin said...

it's so good to read that you are just let every other person in the world... bored. :) What are your plans in 4 months? Just Todd being done with school and getting a job right? Let me know. Glad to hear he has interviews though that is a good sign! GOOD LUCK TODD! :)we love you two.

Craig Altom said...

Thanks for the update and you've only lost half of your baby-sense. You still knew we (or someone in our family) were pregnant. :)

Good luck, Toddle!