Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 16, 2011

Chuck's room

First off... I rode a bike today for about 45 minutes, walked to and back from a park that was 4 blocks away and attempted to play soccer at work today (that makes my job sound so much fun and it was) and I am exhausted! I didn't think I would make it back to the building but somehow I did. My energy was completely gone and I found it hard to walk... either I'm really out of shape or pregnancy is making me really out of shape. It was cute though, because two guys I work with (meaning they are also employed) were very concerned for the safety of my baby and didn't want me to play goalie for fear of a ball hitting my stomach... I'll miss those two. Now my back hurts and my legs are so sore and I still have to get up tomorrow.

Second... This past weekend I had a girl's retreat with the Altom side of the family. We went to Park City and shopped till we dropped... literally. With three of us pregnant and one ready to go into active labor, we seriously dropped:). We had a great time though and I almost forgot how tired my feet and legs were with all the amazing shopping I was able to get done. I now have no money but I have clothes to get me through the summer. I'm going to miss hanging out with my family, I'll miss those girls.

Third... I've been day dreaming about Chuck's bedroom (I fear his name might actually be Chuck with how often we call him that). Since last summer I have wanted to do an orange and brown boy's room. What with the fact I am having a boy, I think I will do just that. Here is the bedding I found Feburaryish and totally fell in love with it...


I think we are going to do white furniture but I love the bedding. If we buy a house, I (by "I" I mean Todd) hope to paint the walls a dark chocolate brown with white trim and then have the white furniture to break up the darkness of the walls. If not, long brown curtains will do just fine. I also have a slight obsession with giraffes and elephants and want to add those to the room without going to crazy. When I graduated, my mom gave me a tall, fun looking giraffe statue that will fit perfectly in the room. I also want to put some framed decals above the crib (or have my mom paint her interpretations) of a giraffe and elephant. I found these this morning...



I also found this cute pillow that I need to find someone to make for me:)...
I'm also thinking of using circle, orange rugs to put on the floor just to add some more playfulness. The bedding has a little sage green in it, so to break up the orange, brown and white, I'll need to add some green somewhere here and there. A toy chest will do just fine in storing toys. I want to buy three picture ledges like the one below (except in white) to display my already large collection of children's books. I think it'll add a lot of color and fun without taking up any room.


I had nothing to do so I decided to post my thoughts. I'm sure no one else cares about my child's room, but I am so excited to get started with this project. I really think this is the first room I'll really finish when we move; who cares about the rest of the house? Sorry for the boring post...

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I love it all!...but I LOVE the idea of displaying the books on pictures ledges on the wall. SO CUTE! Oh, and I love the bedding too!

Stacie Couch said...

You would not believe how many nights this week I have spent hours looking at nurseries online. I can't wait to know whether we are having a boy or girl next month! Then I can start purchasing!! Love your ideas by the way! I am totally interested :)

Jacquelinne said...

SO CUTE! That bedding is to die for! And you know I love that Elephant pillow..

I can't wait for this little boy to get here!!!