Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ar-Kansas

First off, I bought baby bedding today!! That probably shouldn't be the first thing I mention, it doesn't show that I've been very productive. My options were either finish unpacking and cleaning, or buy baby bedding for a baby that doesn't come till October... I chose the later. It should arrive this week and hopefully it is as cute in person as it is online. Secondly, we are in Ar-Kansas. The plane ride here was fairly uneventful. We almost didn't get on the plane due to a weight limit problem but I guess we are meant to be here. The movers worked really heard to unpack and set up things, while I sat and checked off numbers. The one main guy was so nice and kept calling me "mom"... it was cute. Gus was pretty pathetic Friday, I felt real bad. He was scared of the moving men, he was scared of all the millions of  flies in our apartment and the lack of air conditioning really got to him. By the time we were ready to go to the hotel and go to sleep, we were all pretty exhausted and hot. I should mention more on our fly issue... since the movers kept coming in and out, flies kept coming in and not going out. At first it was fun having Gus chase them and Todd and I running around destroying them, but we soon were out numbered. It was us three against a million flies that kept seeming to multiple more and more. Todd ran to the store to get fly paper thingys and we hung them all over our place; it was very classy. The next day we came back and luckily a lot of the flies were stuck on the paper. The fly population that remained was much more manageable. After we did some more work in a hot apartment we left for lunch but first stopped by the office to tell them our air conditioning sucked. They said they would have someone there to fix it within 30 minutes but Todd and I were not holding our breathe. While Gus got some much needed rest at the hotel, Todd and I went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries... that was not a fun bill to pay. Afterwards, we swung back to the hotel to pick up and Gus and headed to the apartment with no hope of the AC working. To our surprise it worked!!! Gus was very happy and even started to play in his new home. Yesterday we went to our new ward. Holy Moly... there is a lot of children! It was the nosiest sacrament I have ever been to. When the primary got up to sing for Father's Day more than half the congregation was on the stand thingy (what's that called?). I'm pretty sure if those kids wanted to take over church they could, the adults seemed to be very outnumbered. Besides all the children, the adults seem very nice and were very welcoming. It was weird to go to church and know we will be in that ward for at least a year; a first for us. Todd went off on his first day of work this morning. I'm pretty sure I was more nervous for him, which is usually how it goes. He looked very handsome today from what I could tell from my half opened eyes. I've been trying to do some random odd end things today and trying to make my poor pooch a little less depressed; it hasn't been just him and I in a long time. Hopefully we all can get used to this move soon and enjoy ourselves. Well I have two hours to make it look like I have been productive today so I better go. I'll post some pictures later of our apartment. Well, ta ta

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Sorry about the fly problem...and the AC, that stinks. But it sounds like they took care of the AC in a timely manner, that's comforting, right? I can't wait to see pictures of the apartment!

Jentry said...

so fun! can't wait to see pics of your apartment.
i want to start getting the crib slash nursery ready, but eric wont let me until we are like 1000% sure it's a boy. i want to get it like, yesterday.
& i want to see what crib bedding you bought! :)

Debbie said...

Thank goodness for blogs! It's so fun to hear details of your adventures... Thanks for keeping us up to date!