Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Altom family updates

Todd got upset that I haven't posted any pictures but I'm waiting till we have a couch. Since Todd wants pictures I've included some pictures and some home and people updates... (all the pictures are from my phone and apparently I can't take good pictures with my phone, sorry)

This is what our apartment looked like after the movers left... aren't the fly traps classy?

The apartment is coming together quite well these days. It actually came together very fast thanks to movers and Todd now having the same obsession that everything needs to get done now. It looks as homey as an apartment can look I think. We are still waiting on our couch that we purchased a month ago... it's taking awhile. Baby room and second bathroom are still a work in progress but by October they will be done. The crib is set up and all the baby clothes and baby gear are stored away in the closet. I can't wait to see the nursery come together but I think it's going to take some time and thinking. We have a bug problem; it is gross. We still have a fly problem but not nearly as bad as we did when we first moved here. We usually only have about three flies in our place. This morning I have already killed 4 bugs. Gus is a good bug finder, he just stares at them, sometimes eats them and spits them out but he is very good at finding them. 

This is my pathetic puppy

So, I don't think Gus likes it here. Usually Gus spends his day on my lap shaking from the lawn mowers outside, barking at any small sound or in the back of my closet. Today I found him in the laundry room just sitting there. As soon as Todd comes home he is fine, but his days are so depressing. When we go for a walk, which is short to begin with cuz I can't stand the heat, he immediately wants to turn around and go back to the apartment. Not sure what to do with the poor pup, hopefully he grows out of it. But at night he is his fun little self.

Cute boy

Todd started his job June 20 and so far so good. Last week was a bunch of HR stuff but this week Todd started working in the store. Monday he started with the sports area, Tuesday he was in the bakery and frosted cupcakes and made a Wal-Mart cake; he is a very talented lad. Yesterday wasn't as fun for him. He mostly walked around the store and made sure the shelfs look pretty. Last night I was on a kick of women have it so hard in life and men have it so easy. He responded with "well men have to work and I had to walk around all day".... I felt so bad for him. You're right Todd, I'd rather be in labor (with an epidural of course cuz it's just a walk in the park once you have that...) then walk around all day... haha, love you Todd. I was having a not so good day yesterday, but Todd is amazing at making me feel better and making me laugh; I love that boy. Oh, I'll put this under Todd news, I think we own a car again. I haven't heard the for sure from Todd but we signed all the paperwork last night. Pretty much every night we have gone and looked at cars. I love my husband very, very much, however, he is funny when it comes to car searches. Originally we went into the car search looking basically for a cheap "junker" but in pretty good shape. We found one, drove it around and Todd explained "I just don't feel special in this car." It made me laugh so hard. He just couldn't bring himself to get a junker but I am glad we didn't. We now have a 2005 Nissan Altima (which sounds like Altom). It is a very nice car and we got a really good deal on it. We are paying less then we did on our corolla, even though our corolla was '07 and had lesser miles, this car is a lot nicer (not just the stock model) and bigger for our bigger family. I think Todd is happy with his new toy.

"Chuck" and I at 25ish weeks

Yeah, I know, I still don't look all that pregnant. Todd calls my belly a "beer belly." I have a very elongated belly instead of a cute little basketball, I wish I had that cute basketball belly but that just isn't the case. "Chuck" is doing just fine these days. I went to my new dr last week and "Chuck's" little heartbeat was very strong. I'm back to being nauseated in the morning. I thought it was medicine the dr had me start taking, but I discovered today, I just have morning sickness again. I'm feeling him move a lot these days, usually right at night. Apparently how my insides are positioned, I shouldn't get to feel him a lot but he still manages to let me know he is still there. I am getting so excited to meet this little guy, I start crying every time I think about it... thanks hormones. As of right now, our top names are Hayden Jack and Jack Sagers. We have decided that we do need to get a good look at the kid before we give him a name that will be stuck with him forever. I am loving baby shopping online and getting presents in the mail; it's so fun! Besides the baby, not much going on in my life. I watch a lot of TV and spend a lot of time online and in the baby's room. I'm hoping to get more of a life soon, but really the days go by fast and I love having Todd home in the late afternoon and evenings. Tomorrow he gets home at 3 and we get to spend Saturdays together; love it. I think we might make a weekend of "Transformers" and swimming.

That's about it in our little lives. Monday is my favorite day of the year, not sure what we will be doing but I hope you all have a most wonderful 4th of July!



2 comments:

Shelly said...

Yay for an update! I want to see pictures of the new car. It sounds very nice & I'm so happy for you and your new car. It sounds like things are going well for you guys...I do hope that things get less boring for Todd at work, though.

The Monson Family said...

I'm glad you guys updated too! You're starting to look a lot more pregnant, you're still little though! Have you tried using fastpass for tv shows yet? It seriously is the best once you start ha