Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 10, 2009

WE HAVE A STORY

I feel like we haven't had to many funny stories this summer but we finally got one. So picture it...a nice Sunday morning. Todd and I woke up and decided that we wanted to go swimming after church (I know, not the best Sunday activity). We got ready for church (I might add that I was ready 15 mins early) walked outside and it was raining. We went to church and during the meeting we kept hearing thunder. After church we came home; rain still drizzling but not bad. The Vogs said they were heading to the pool but I thought it was too cold to swim and a little bit later we got a text saying that the Vogs felt the same way too. Todd and I decided to have a little BBQ in the apartment and made Jucy Lucys. Here is what went wrong with those things...not enough cheese in the middle so it melted out, the smoke caused our fire alarm to go off, I bought cabbage instead of lettuce, the avocado was not rip at all, I burnt my hamburger buns (oh and they got smushed by the checkout guy), corn on the cob got cooked a tad to long (because it took forever for the hamburgers to cook), but with all that said, it was a very good dinner:). While we were cleaning up, the hurricane hit! Not an actual hurricane but it looked like one. Todd and I went out on the balcony to watch. I had watched "Dr. Phil" earlier this week and he had a guy on that got struck by lightening so I started to get this awful feeling we were going to die. I went to go back inside but Todd had accidently looked the door when he had come out. WE WERE TRAPPED! And we were going to get struck by lightening and die because we wouldn't be able to get help because we were so high up! Thats what I thought, but I was a little dramatic. I also discovered yo tuve que ir al bano. Neither of us had our mobiles, which is a rare occasion. Todd said he could just jump off but of course I thought he would die, either by the fall or the lightening hitting him. After awhile on the balcony, and against my advice, Todd jumped...and he LIVED! He did get a sliver though. But he ran up the stairs to save his damsel in distress, oh so brave:)! Later that night Todd made homemade brownies...he truly is the man of my dreams. And we both lived happily ever after...THE END!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

hahahahahahahahahha! That is the best story I've ever heard!

Shelly said...

thanks for putting great music on your blog. sometimes i pull your blog up just so i can listen to the music.

Debbie said...

That is a funny, funny story! Next time don't plan to go swimming on a Sunday... or "the devil will get ya!"