Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 29, 2010

A Splash of Color!

Howdy! Todd and I had the blessed opportunity to once again venture down to Utah this past weekend. We had a great time with friends and family. Last year when I was in a Spirituality in the Arts class, we took a field trip down to the Hindu Temple in Spanish Fork. The monk (or whatever they call them) told us of this celebration called the Festival of Colors. It sounded so fun and I love celebrating colors. I wanted to go last year but we ended up not going. This weekend we were able to go down and we had a blast. We went down with Britnee, Keegan, Alycia and Chris. As soon as we got there we bought the colored chalk and started having chalk fights. At one o'clock everyone was suppose to throw their chalk up in the air. Once we did this, you couldn't see a thing, it was very odd. Your eyes were open but all you saw was brown. It was also very hard to breathe but in the end it was so worth it. It was a lot of fun and might become an Altom tradition (although I'm thinking of just doing our own mini celebration at our home).

As of right now I only have seven more days left of school. It is crazy to think that I will be getting a bachelors and I wont be going back to school when we come back to Rexburg. It really does not seem that four years has past, I don't feel old enough to graduate from college. I'm very, very excited to graduate but at the same time it is kind of sad. I love going to school and being busy but soon I wont have school or school work to keep me busy; it will be a weird feeling. The semester is wrapping up quick. I have a couple presentations and tests left and then I am done. I might not get a 4.0 like I hoped for, two classes hang in the balance of A vs. A-, but I did get a 100% in a class so thats exciting and I think that's a good accomplishment. Todd I believe will be getting A or A-'s so he has done well this semester as well. We are starting to pack up our little apartment for our move to Indianapolis. It is very sad because I am boxing up things for the rest of the year. I love adventures and I am sure the rest of the year will bring many, but I'll miss my things, my family and my friends. I went back today to my old apartment that I lived in before I was married and it made me realize that I'm all grown up. I'm graduation college and moving far from home...it came a little too fast...well I guess it's baby time (it seems like the next best logical thing to do). Well thats it for now....bu bye

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I have to say that I'm slightly jealous of your little adventures. I just stay here in Utah and never leave. Lame. Sorry I missed you this weekend. We need to do something fun before you guys leave for the rest of the year.

Stephanie Lowe said...

That looks like so much fun!!!!!!!
And are you trying to make an announcement of some kind by the sounds of your blog?