Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Graduation

Posted by Picasa
So today was graduation (I know, I am so prompt at blogging about it). It was a great day. Debbie came up last night and we had a great time. It was the first time we have had a visitor, so it was great:). We enjoyed a great dinner (Todd and I have not had to pay for dinner/food for the last two weeks) and went to a movie called "Date Night". The movie had some really funny parts (especially when these two cars got stuck together, hahaha) but it wasn't very good...we had to close our eyes a lot. We also had a good late night conversation with Debbie. Today was a great day. The sun was shinning and family and friends came out to support me. One of the neatest things about today was when all the graduates were walking into the auditorium and all the professors were lined up in the halls and cheered us on. That part chocked me up a little. My professors have been great, I have enjoyed learning from them and laughing with them; I will miss them. The only other time I kind of cried was when I got a text from Todd that said "Love you. I'm very proud of you!!!" Todd is such a sweet guy. He helped make this day great!! Convocation was boring but in the end I got my diploma cover:). All of us (the family, not all the graduates) went down to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and it was so good. After lunch Todd and I got into the car and all I could say was "We have an amazing family." We are so blessed to have the family we do!! The rest of the day was spent packing and cleaning...good-bye things:(. So I guess my days at BYU-I are over. These four years have really gone so fast and I can't believe I'm a college graduate ("it seems like only yesterday we started..." (can anyone name where that is from?)) I am so thankful I listened to the Lord's promptings and came here, I didn't want to but in the end it was the right thing for me. I met amazing people, went to amazing places, learned amazing things and met my amazing husband. All and all my days at BYU-I have been filled with a lot of learning, laughter and love! I'll miss school but I know there are going to be a lot more wonderful things in store for Todd and I. Thank you all for your love and support!!
p.s. I got my 4.0!!! WOOT, WOOT...and Todd got 3.9ish:), go us

4 comments:

Stacie Couch said...

May I just say that I am totally and completely jealous! Also, I personally don't think our Spanish class went fast enough.... I bet it feels so nice to be done with school :) Congratulations!

Shelly said...

awe! I got a little teary reading that. I am VERY proud of you! Oh so proud! We DO have an amazing family & you DO have an amazing husband. I'm so glad you're happy. Yay for the 4.0, too!...and Todd's 3.9! You two rock! Love you guys!

Wohlford Family said...

Congratulations Ashleigh! I'm so proud of you! I will always remember the good times we had...eating popcorn...playing the game where we draw stuff from a hat...shopping at Wal-Mart...ok so that part wasn't exactly fun, but still! We made it fun! Love you! And P.S. I almost cried when all of the professors were cheering too! You're not alone!

Jacquelinne said...

Congrats on reaching your goal of getting a 4.0!!! And especially in graduating! I love reading your blog and am excited for your family and where life will take you guys!! The Lord has many great things in store for you! I feel very blessed to be a small part of it! Love you both! -Jac