Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Dixon Weekend

This past weekend we had the opportunity to play with Eric and Jentry Dixon. They arrived early Friday morning but with a quick nap they were ready to go... non stop... for the whole weekend. The first day we headed to lower Manhattan area where we went to the 9/11 Memorial and rode the Staten Island Ferry.


After that we were cold and hungry so we headed to Little Italy where we had a very yummy lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping. So before we moved out here, I of course did my research and found there was a great little pizza place called "Grimaldi's." Apparently it is great because so many people told us to go there and we finally got the opportunity to go. It's in Brooklyn, close to the bridge (which we walked a second time). There was a line, like everyone says there usually is, but we got in after a 15 min wait. Todd then proceeded to break a plate... sigh, can't take that kid anywhere. Now I'm more of a thicker crust kind of gal but this pizza was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. If you have ever seen "Return to Me" it has the same fill (minus the Irish part) but a lot more cramped, but wonderful music is blaring and people are having a good time.
View from Brooklyn bridge
The only picture we got of all four of us... the middle guy owns Grimaldi's, at least I think
The next day was so fun. To sum it up it was 5th avenue and Central Park (what more do I need). One of the first places we went to was "Tiffany & Co." We couldn't afford anything on the first floor, but we did see the Tiffany Diamond... Amazing.
My hand compared to the diamond. Only two people have ever worn it, Audrey Hepburn and some other person
We already had what was on the second floor (engagement rings... to bad) and we didn't want anything on the fourth floor (home goods... it's hard to buy stuff for a home when you don't have it), so that left us with the third floor. The third floor was suppose to be the cheaper floor, and it was, but still a little out of my price rang... unless I wanted a charm but I've never been into charms. I of course found a bunch of things I wanted but we (I mean Todd) wasn't willing to pay $600 for a bracelet that I could probably get at "Main Street Diamonds" (Todd's old job) for probably a 1/4 of the price... but I wanted a box!!! Oh well. If diamonds are a girl's best friend, then toys are my second best friend. We then went to FAO Schwarz, I'm pretty sure it was our third or forth time there. I love that store... I need a kid then Todd would let me get all that stuff. We played on the "Big" piano and I dreamed of kid's rooms and playrooms.

So if you people don't know, Central Park is by far my favorite place in NYC. I could go there all the time and be completely content. Eric and Jen did a bike tour of the park and Todd and I went to a dog run to let Gus play. Dog people have this bond, when you see another person with a dog, you instantly become friends. Gus played and we talked for a whole hour with complete strangers. It's kind of funny, you always learn the dog's name and all about the dog but never the owner. But people are starting to think we actually live here... which we do but you know what I mean. Once we met back up with the Dixons', we went and rode the Carousal in Central Park (I think Carousals are magically).



After the park we did more shopping (more just browsing I should say on our part). We then headed to Time Square to find a place to eat. We had a great time all weekend but I have to say that dinner that night was hilarious; we had such a good time.

I wanted to reenact the picture on the left... I should've looked at it before we took the picture, good thing I have another month and a half to get it right...

Eric and Jentry... CUTE couple!
And Gus was with us the whole weekend:)
After Saturday our adventures ended with the Dixons' due to church and Todd's work, but we had a wonderful time with them. They left us Monday and Gus misses Jen:). We were glad we were able to spend some time with them and we hope to make this getting together a yearly thing. Next weekend Brian and Shelly come in... stay tuned.

p.s. Todd and I are now primary teachers to the older kids... Primary is hilarious, I miss kids, so it has been wonderful to be with them once a week. Favorite things that have happened: sunbeam talking to the pregnant music lady "You haven't popped out that baby yet?"and Little boy saying the closing prayer the Sunday after the ward Halloween party "thank you that we could all wear cool customs and look scary, amen." Gotta love kids!

No comments: