Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happenings...

Monday we had the opportunity to go to "The Late Show with David Letterman." I registered us online and Todd got a call and was told we got some tickets (he had to answer a question correctly). The tickets are always free but a lot of the time people just go early that day to try and get tickets; our way was easier. The tickets that we got were awesome! There was only a small handful of us that got them and we got front and center (we also were able to use the bathroom). We had a pretty good time, met some very nice people and laughed (even when we didn't think something was funny, or in my case, didn't get it). I got all stressed out because they kept giving us all these rules on how to act, what to say, what not to say... it was all so stressful. The guests were Michael J Fox and Shawn White (whose a twig without his snow gear). Loved Michael, funny and a very strong person. Hopefully we get on tv... dvr us for friday nights show:)


Wednesday was our annual carving pumpkin night. This years theme was "Faces" (although I didn't realize that until we were done). Todd did that one guy from "The Office" and I did a traditional jack-o-lantern face and a dog face pumpkin. This year wasn't our best year but I still think they turned out pretty good. I did a simple face because I thought I would be carving the dog face but the small pumpkin was rock hard, so I drew on the face instead (it kind of looks like Gus, when he has a haircut). We had a good time! I just want to inform everyone that next year (if I am by any of you) we will be hosting a Halloween Party. My mom always hosted one when I was growing up so I have decided to continue the tradition. All in attendance must dress up, bring a pumpkin to carve, bring good food, dance, bob for apples and play other games. So next Halloween, my house, be there. But until then, the Altoms in New Jersey wish you all a very spooky and fun Halloween! BOO!




Happy Halloween!!!

7 comments:

Craig Altom said...

The Gus pumpkin is cool. You should cut it out though instead of using a Sharpie.

Ashleigh and Todd said...

It was uncarvable... rock hard... wasn't happening. it was my original plan though

Debbie said...

Love the pumpkins! The party is a great idea, and we'll be watching you on Letterman tomorrow night! :)

Jentry said...

We want to come to your Halloween party! Move to az so we can! (:

Shelly said...

Love the pumpkins! And yay for a Halloween party next year! I'm there,...even if I have to dress up. ;)

Stephanie Lowe said...

I love the new look on your blog. Loved the pumpkins and the picture of Gus Gus. How did you do that thing with the morman attachment on the side of your blog?

Ashleigh and Todd said...

well... I first went to mormon.org and Todd already has a profile (which you can set one up) and then once you're in the profile there is an option to "Share my profile." You then can choose what image you want and then go to design on your blog, add a gadget, add the html gadget and copy the html code mormon.org gives you. The way mormon.org has it is that the link will take you to your personal profile, we just changed the html code a little so it would just go to the mormon.org page (just get rid of all the words that talk about your profile)... but you can have it go directly to your profile and then people can get to the homepage from there