Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Big 3's

This is going to be another boring post without pictures... I really need to start using my camera we spent so much money on... but really the only thing I see is my dog and my dog already has enough pictures of himself. So last week I had a doctor's appointment with my actual doctor. He was very nice, everything went well but then he measured me and said I was measuring small. It was no surprise to me because everyone keeps telling me I look small. Anywho, he wanted to set up an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok, but he said that I was measuring small probably because of my genetics. I was a 5lb 11oz baby and my brother was in 6's so (both not early at all) we both just assumed genetics. It was the first time I haven't really been worried about something the doctor said. My thoughts "yippy, my genetics has won over." Well yesterday we went to the ultrasound. First off, at 30 weeks, I couldn't tell what the heck we were looking at; poor kid is smashed. His heart is wonderful, my fluid was great and... according to the ultrasound, he weighs 3lbs 9oz. The ultrasound tech said "well he doesn't appear to look small at all"... well goody. I'm measuring at 32 weeks not 30... sigh... I just hope it means he comes early. So my dreams of having a 5, 6 pounder little man is out the window, probably 7 as well. Todd and I are guessing 8, mostly to make me feel better but I should go back to my previous thoughts and say he'll be 14lbs so anything will be better than 14. Todd and I made guesses last night about the baby. Todd thinks he'll come September 28 and weigh 8lbs 13oz and I guess October 2 and weigh 8lbs 2oz. I am super happy he is healthy and that is really all that matters (but I did tell him after the appointment he better be cute and be a good sleeper, it's the least he could do). Can't wait to meet our cute, chubby boy. Names are still Hayden Jack and Jack Sagers, both of us favoring one over the other (different ones).

Last night, driving home from the ultrasound, Todd was being all cute and saying how excited he is to have a baby with me, excited to meet him and he can't believe we were engaged three years ago today (August 2). He was trying to prove he remembered but then I stated, "Three years tomorrow actually." You were close Todd. But yes, three years ago today, Todd surprised me with a beautiful ring and a wonderful question. That was one of the best days of my life and I'm so glad he got my ring right, haha. This is a year of three's, three years of being engaged, three years of being married and our child will probably be a numerical unit of 3... 9 pounder, possibly 12 pounder... when in Arkansas. Love you Todd.

In other big news, we are coming home for Thanksgiving and Christmas! We fly into IF on Novermber 18 (the day after my 24 birthday... wowzers). We will be spending a couple days in IF but we will be in Utah for Thanksgiving day. We plan on blessing the baby on November 20 in IF, just fyi.

I got to brag about my husband real quick. Todd for his MLP is over pre-made foods (or something like that), basically tuna fish, spam, and salsa. The other day Todd took the initiative at the store to set up a new display for chips and salsa. He did this to see if sales would change and they did; they went up! He didn't have to do it, just wanted to try it and it worked. My cute, little Wal-Mart worker, so good at what he does.

Ok, I think that's it. Oh it's HOT here... looking to be about 109 today, I don't get out much. Ummm ok, the end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always wanted a chubby baby but I got a super skinny and long baby instead. Either way I am sure he is going to be adorable. And I like the name Jack a lot so the fact that you will use it in his name somewhere is nice. And I am sorry that it is hot. Being pregnant and living in the heat is possibly one of the most miserable things out there!

Jacquelinne said...

Your posts always make me laugh. And I can relate very well to what you went through with your doctor's appointments. All of the ultrasounds showed that Emery was two weeks ahead and that she was growing really great (one Utrasound even showed us that she had a big head--made me super nervous!) And when it came down to it, three weeks before I had Emery my doctor started to panic at one of my appointments because he said I was measuring way too small and that my baby was going to be really, really little. It made me mad because the ultrasounds told us otherwise. Point being, they can't base the size of your baby by just measuring how much your belly pops out. We all carry our babies different. Granted, my babies are small..but I hated all of the conflicting messages. I'm guessing your little guy is still going to be a little one. My guess is 6 lbs. 12 oz. :)