Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 22, 2011

Take me out to the ball game...

This past weekend we had a little vacation. It felt so nice to get out of AR and to see something new. I think this is my last vacation babyless which is rather odd. Todd and I went up to Kansas City and stayed with our friends the Gunter's. We had a great time with them and ate a lot of ice cream. Friday night however, was not a goodnight. A huge storm hit KC. It was so loud with the pounding rain and thunder and so bright with the lightening... and a random car kept honking. What with a dog for some reason sleeping on my head, heartburn, the storm outside and a snoring husband, it was not a goodnight's sleep. Saturday we went our for breakfast, took the pups (they have a dog too) to a dog park, ate some ice cream, ate some BBQ at a gas station (I believe it was called "Oklahoma Joe's") and went to a Royals and RedSox game. Todd and I were rooting for Boston but to our dismay and surprise, the Royals won. It was a fun evening, great weather, great company and there is just something about a baseball hitting a mitt. We had a great time with the Gunters and hope to play with them again.


I'm looking very large and in charge these days... not a fan (ain't Todd cute holding my purse?)

In other news... umm I got none. I'm 32 1/2 weeks and last weeks doctor's appointment went well. The doctor confirmed that I in fact am not having a small baby but we are looking at an 8 pounder (I'll take it). He kept saying I'm hiding the big baby well... I don't think I am anymore. I really like my doctor and I'm happy we found him. My next appointment isn't till 35 weeks and I must say I am scared for that appointment. After that appointment it's go time for whenever the baby decides to come and I must say he can come later rather than sooner. As excited as we are to meet this little boy, it's kind of scary to think I'll be a mom and in charge of a human being. I just hope my loving mommy instincts kick in because I'm not feeling very motherly these days (every little thing is kind of annoying me, I don't have much patience and I'm thinking that is needed with children). I am also stressing about everything but when Todd tells me to tell him all my stresses, it seems a tad ridiculous that I'm stressing at all. Oh and before I got pregnant and even up till a month ago, I wasn't worried about the whole birthing process but now as it gets close, I don't want to do it. I told Todd last night that I didn't want to do it and he said I didn't have to, the baby would just magically appear (I'm really liking that idea). I mean, it's got to be bad if a medicine was invented to be injected into your spine to numb your entire lower half. The doctor asked me if I had a birthing plan and I said "well it's going to happen real fast and I'm not going to feel a thing." He didn't say much except that he recommends the epidural and usually your first born takes a long time... come on doc, work with me here. I'm also nervous he'll come early and family wont be here to help... I don't know what I'm doing! My parents don't come in till the second week of October so he is just going to have to stay put till then... although staying put is uncomfortable. I thought I was uncomfortable a couple of weeks ago, that was sissy stuff. I constantly feel uncomfortable and constantly have the feeling to use the bathroom, apparently my bladder is a fun toy, and my ribs. I can't really bend over anymore and Todd has to assist me in putting on shoes and also getting up from most positions. I also have a constant need and desire to eat anything unhealthy and fattening, which after I eat all that stuff I'm depressed because I'm making my child unhealthy and gaining un-needed pounds... sigh, pregnancy, interesting ride. I have turned this into a huge complaining session so I should end with good things... we are so excited to meet this little boy and to cuddle him. I'm excited to see him for the first time and to finally know what he looks like. I just picture a little Todd jr and I couldn't ask for more. I have to admit one of the things I am looking forward to the most is seeing Todd see his son for the first time, he'll be such an amazing daddy (I'm also expecting some tears from Todd, it's the least he can do I think). Oh, oh, we are going to have a new nephew this week!! We are so happy and so sad we wont be there when Brian and Shelly welcome their new little person to the world. Speaking of family, ummm family, I know your all busy what with giving birth this week and raising children and jobs, but I miss my nieces and nephews and would love to see some pictures of them, work on that!! Ok, I'm done... man I need to learn to keep these things shorter...

5 comments:

Craig Altom said...

Glad that your "in other news" of which there wasn't supposed to be any, ended up be lots! We'll work on a post and just so you know, I put up a recent picture of Olivia on facebook the other day. I'll try to put one of up of our Emery bug sometime soon, as well.

Shelly said...

Thanks for the update! I SO excited for your little guy to come! You're right, I need to update the blog,...weeks ago. I'll work on that for sure.

Debbie said...

It's so nice to catch up with all your happenings! You have a cute prego tummy, and I know you'll be a great mom! Thanks for posting the pictures too! ;)

Jacquelinne said...

Always love hearing updates! You are a very cute pregnant lady and sport the bump very well!! I am dying to meet this little guy, too, and don't be afraid of the next few weeks and the birth to come. Everything will be totally worth it--there is seriously nothing better than holding that baby and spending those first few days in the hospital together as a family. It sounds cheesy, but every time I drive past Utah Valley Regional Hospital, I get the same burning feeling in my stomach. It's a feeling that I cannot describe but I felt it with both our girls as we spent those first few days in the hospital. I'm glad that every time I reflect on the whole experience I think first of the amazing feeling of seeing and holding my babies for the first time--everything else doesn't really matter..and hey, they're worth it! :)

Da Mos said...

Good news! According to one of my neuro anatomy teachers myelination which is needed for proper development of the neurological system is aided by a fatty diet since myelin is just fat. Really your just helping your child be able to perform motor functions quicker by eating so much junk food. So keep it up and your baby will be walking by 9 months!!!