Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 2, 2011

Maternity Photo Shoot

I searched for a long time for a photographer to do newborn pictures that didn't cost giving up my newborn. My search was over when I found a girl by the name of Erika Dotson. I loved her pictures; she has a very fun, vintage look. She is very well established in the wedding/engagement scene but she has just decided to get into the newborn niche and offered us an amazing deal. The deal included maternity (which I never wanted to do but now I'm glad we did), birth (which I never thought I wanted to do as well, but I'm so excited for those first moments he comes to be captured on camera) and of course newborn. Last night we did our maternity pictures and had a great time. If anyone knows me, I hate getting pictures by myself, I didn't even keep any bridal pictures (I'm NOT photogenic plus add on the fact that I've gained a fewish pounds) so I was a bit nervous. We did the pictures at the Fayetteville Library:), so not your typical maternity pictures and so fun. The best part is Todd was in most of them (side not, I got all teary eyed yesterday thinking that these are the last "family" pictures with just us two. I have loved these past three years with just us two). Erika was really fun to work with and we look forward to working with her more. I have no pictures of our maternity session but I did come across some great, GREAT maternity pictures...

*Due to the graphic nature, viewer discretion is advised*

http://www.weknowawesome.com/2011/01/18/14-best-of-the-worst-funny-pregnancy-photos/

Todd's favorite time of the year is upon us, college football. What has Todd been looking forward to this whole summer? For the weather to cool down? No. For family to visit? No. For the baby to come? Nope:) For the BYU and Ole Miss game? You better believe it! Todd is so very excited to be going to the BYU opening game tomorrow. Tomorrow, I am sure he will be like a little kid on Christmas morning. I decided not to go due to the fact I hate long drives, especially pregnant, I hate humidity and to be honest with you, the stress of the game would probably put me in labor (I get too worked up). It'll be a nice guy gateway for Todd but I keep teasing him that I am going into labor this weekend because he will be leaving. His response to my tease "oh you'll still be too early so they will just try and stop it anyways, I wont miss anything." Oh I love Todd:). I'll miss him but I'm glad he will have a great weekend; he deserves it for all his hard work.

I thought I'd give an update on Gus, Gus. Gus is doing pretty good these days. He is still terrified when people knock on the door but he slowly is getting used to his surroundings. We went to a dog park this last Sunday and he had such a great time. Gus is a perfect dog for us, he is lazy. Every morning I have to get him up out of bed; it really is like having a child. Todd and I like to believe that he knows and is excited for the baby to come. Gus will lick my belly and we are sure it is his way of communicating with the babe. He also loves the baby's room. Randomly throughout the day he will head into that room and just sit there. He totally is so excited that the baby is coming:), haha.

Well that's it for us Altom's. I really just wanted to share the maternity photos I found with you but thought I'd add a little more... as I seem to always do. Happy Football season and go BYU!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I love the maternity photos! haha I can't wait to see yours though. I am SO excited for your little guy to come! I'm glad Gus is (finally) adjusting to living in Arkansas. Only a few months until you come home! Yay!

Billy & Alesa Beard said...

ok, so I read a little bit about how you found a great photographer and you love her style, but I got too excited, and just skipped down, and saw the link thinking the girl posted your pictures on her blog or something, and I'm going through the pictures thinking these pictures are terrible! Whoever this girl is has terrible style! Does Ashleigh really like her style? and then I didn't see any of your pictures, and then decided maybe I should read the rest of what you wrote. Then I understood! haha!! wow, i can't believe people actually take pictures like that! but it was a good laugh! I'm excited to see your pictures though!! Hope everything is going well!