Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hayden's First Halloween!

Halloween is a wonderful holiday; great food, fun parties and a great time to play dress up. I do not like the scary stuff though; no haunted houses or scary movies for me. Ever since we found out I was pregnant and due in October, I kept hoping "Chuck" (aka Hayd) would make it to October so I could have Halloween themed birthday parties for him. My wish came true and I am already planning his first birthday (although I really do not want this year to go fast). This Halloween however, was his first and his first ever holiday. We didn't do much, which kinda made me sad but we still had fun. We were originally planning on dressing up as the characters of "UP." Todd is a dead ringer for Carl when he wears his big ugly glasses. Todd ruined our plans by growing his big red beard and he refuses to shave it for 6 weeks... if you get my drift... Oh and someone from the stake saw him and his beard and we are now playing the role of Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus in our stake's Christmas program (and the lady told him not to shave till then? She's crazy). I don't know about you but me thinks Joseph did not have a red beard and I'm pretty sure Mary did not have blonde hair but oh well. Todd came up with the idea that we would dress up as giant bananas and Hayden would be a monkey. We ended up not finding banana costumes which is good because it would have been a waste of money. Hayden made a very cute monkey though. We didn't do anything except carve pumpkins, but we are just getting rested up for the epic party next year:).

Hayden loves his fingers!



Isn't he the cutest monkey you have ever seen?


So we only had one candle... Todd had to create this pic, nice work

I'm pretty sure this is our first and only picture of all of us

This is usually what his hair looks like:)

In other news... Hayden now has baths instead of sponge baths. The first bath wasn't his favorite. I told Todd the temperature of the room needed to be 74ish degrees but he thought I said the water needed to be that temperature. Needless to say, Hayden's first bath was a tad cold. We have gotten better and he now really seems to like bath time. He seems to like the water which is good since he is going to be the next Michael Phelps.


I love these two!

Hayden really is a great baby. I think he finally has distinguished his days and nights a little bit and actually sleeps very well at night. He usually only wakes up twice and sometimes even once and sleeps till 10. I can't really complain but I'm still struggling with having interrupted sleep but Todd is being wonderful and usually helps get him to sleep. Hayden has no problems taking a bottle, he'll suck anything. This is very nice because Todd can take a feeding. Sometimes I feel like all I do is nurse, actually, pretty sure that's all I do, haha. This weekend we are getting out of Arkansas again and heading to Branson, MO to do some shopping for me! I'm a tad excited! I hope all goes well with that but things are going great for us here in Arkansas. Hope you all are doing wonderful!



2 comments:

Craig Altom said...

Todd's beard is awesome! And I'm pretty sure Joseph had a red beard because it's a dominant gene and most men have red in their beards.

Shelly said...

Cutest monkey ever! He's adorable! I think he looks a lot like Gage in some of those pictures. It will be fun to get them next to each other and compare.