Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bath time gone askew

So far this Sunday has gone splendid. We now have 11:00 church which means sleeping in, eating breakfast (but not today... Fast Sunday) and Hayden not missing any of his naps. Hayden was not perfect at church today, but I did make it through an entire Relief Society without having to leave the room; success in my book. We then came home, Hayd went directly to sleep and we enjoyed some "How I Met your Mother" time. For dinner, Todd made crepes, and we all enjoyed them. Our bedtime routine usually starts with Todd and I deciding on who cleans up the kitchen or who bathes Hayden. Since crepes make a mess and neither of us had done dishes for the day, I thought bathing Hayden would be the easier of the two. Now this is where things go askew and a little gross so viewer discretion is advised.

We usually take Hayds diaper off and put him directly in the tub, but since he had made a mess in his diaper, for the second time, I took him to his room to clean up the mess. I changed him on the floor so while I was wrapping up the grossness, the little man took off crawling. He headed to the bathroom, which was great. I soon followed him and found him in the bathroom sitting in his man-made pool. Being the responsible parent that I am, I didn't want to put him in the filled tub till I could fully watch him, so I moved his little naked self out of the way and cleaned the pool. Of course he crawled away and as I followed, I was led the way by little brown droppings. I cleaned up some of the droppings but I took the kid, wiped him up again and put him in the tub. I no sooner put him in the tub when I saw little pebbles sinking to the bottom of the tub. You are probably wondering where Todd was in all this, well he was in the kitchen doing dishes and ended up cutting his finger... I was on my own. I had to pull the little pooper out, clean him up and drain the water. Eventually he stopped releasing his bodily fluids and was able to get fully cleaned.

Lessons learned: never trust a naked boy and always pick to do the dishes!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

haha! so funny! sorry you had to deal with that by yourself though. and sorry Todd cut his finger.

Craig Altom said...

Funny!