Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And here we have Iowa!

Well, for those of you who have talked to me since the very beginning of this little Iowa adventure...it has gotten better. The drive was loooonnnng but we got through it and I had a really good time chatting with Todd. We were also very excited to hear of Craig and Jac's great news about Olivia! We are way excited to have a niece and she will probably be spoiled from your uncle Todd and aunt Ashleigh (probably just her aunt but with her uncle's money). We arrived in West Des Moines at about 2 in the morning. It was way humid and our apartment was way hot and I had a headache; so needless to say my first impression of Iowa was not so good. The next day was also very hot but followed with a tornado warning. Todd ended up not working that day due to weather but neither of us saw a tornado...dang it! After that day the weather got better; both Todd and I seem to be handling it; to bad it wont stay this nice for to long. Sunday we got lost for an hour trying to get to church but the ward seems awesome (everyone there has either newborns or is pregnant...I don't fit in...). Todd and the office are having a slow start with this move but I am sure things will pick up; Todd is such a trooper and will continue to work hard. Todd and I both think this place is beautiful; it is so green and clean. Our apartment is in a nice area and by great shops. (Todd just sold one, haha) Well thats it for right now. We are excited for our first 4th of July as married folk (sad we wont be in IF) and look forward to many happy memories together here in Iowa. Love ya all! 

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better!