Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Christmas Spectacular!!

Last night, Todd and I had the opportunity to go the "Radio City Music Hall: Christmas Spectacular!" The title is already making a big claim on the show, luckily it lived up to it. I met up with Todd at Sony and we went to dinner to a place called "Burger Heaven" (it ain't got nottin on Rupe's). Monday night Todd and I watched "Home Alone 2: Lost in NY" and it made me really want to go check out the lights at the Plaza so we headed over there. I was so paranoid that our battery would die, mostly because the whole night it had a picture of a battery with a slash through it... I don't think that's good... so I really didn't get that good of pictures but it was magical. I have this thing with Christmas lights:), I'm sure a lot of people do, but I absolutely love them. Our house one day will be covered with Christmas lights. I find them magical and for some reason they make me believe in the unbelievable. The lights in NYC are great... but I believe they could do more, after all NYC is known for it's Christmas, live up to it. We also stopped at Schwarz (again) but mostly to get warm and pick up Liv's Christmas gift. Todd is really excited about the gift, I tried to talk him into something else but he didn't listen, sorry Liv. Ok, so I love Christmas and Christmas lights and Christmas trees, and I live in NY... I have yet to see the Tree at Rockefeller Center. Todd didn't want to go and it's killing me not to see. We were a block away and we still didn't go... I haven't even been to Rockefeller Center. Todd assures me we will go before we leave but it looks questionable to me.

Radio City is an amazing place. It is definitely old glam Hollywood (well I should say old glam NYC) and I love it. Everything looks how it did when it was built in the 30's. The coolest part about this place is the bathroom... well actually the toilet:). In the lady's lounge the toilet's have an automatic toilet seat cover and you just push a green button and it will change to a new one... it was pretty cool, Todd was jealous that men's lounge didn't have one.

The show was amazing! The second Act was shot in 3D which was fun to watch. I love the magic of Christmas and this show celebrated it wonderfully. I still would like to be a Rockette but something tells me I should've started working on those kicks awhile ago. Those girls have precision, they were always in sync; it was amazing! I told Todd we had to go to this every year now, he said no way because he thought the show was only in NYC. We shall see how these traveling shows are next year and see if it will become an Altom Christmas tradition. We kept saying afterwards how we can't wait to take kids to this, I mean we found it magical, can't imagine a 4 year olds reaction to it (ahh makes me happy thinking about it).

It's Santa... we were a lot closer than this picture gives us credit

I never got these girls kicking... and they kick a lot

This was one of my favorite Acts... it was the Nutcracker... giant and alive teddy bears... need I say more?

The Live Nativity! Very pretty and real camels (watch out, they spit)!! This is how the show ended; perfect ending to a magical night!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh my! How awesome! Can we go with you next year?!