Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The last of our adventures...

I know I'm blogging again and this will probably turn into a long post but after today I probably will never blog again. So, enjoy:)

Yesterday I went into the city early to go to MoMA. I haven't been to a museum since Europe. I guess Europe wore me out when it comes to museums (or it could be the fact that Idaho doesn't really have all that great of museums...) but it was exciting to experience the arts again. I am a fan of Expressionism and Impressionism painting so I thought the MoMA would be my best fit. Here are some highlights of my trip... the good and the strange...

This guy was playing the piano IN the piano... he was good

Now I have never really understood Abstract and Pop art. This is a famous painting by Andy Warhol but I don't get it...

Umm yeah...this is by far my favorite piece in the museum... I call it wall on wall... I don't get it...

Hmmm let me stick this wheel in this chair.... by goodness, it's a masterpiece!!!

This is called "Big Red" and I love it... I don't know why but I think it is so pretty. To me it looks like a bunch of poppies.

"A Starry Night" by Van Gogh. This was so beautiful in person. It still remains one of my favorite paintings. And I love that it's big, not tiny like the "Mona Lisa"

This is a painting by Seurat. I like his work because he paints in a serious of little dots; it's pretty neat.

This thing is huge!!!! This is one of Monet's "Water Lilies." I would have to say that Monet is by far one of my favorite artists. I also enjoy a lot of stuff from Degas and Pissarro (he painted another one of my favorite paintings "Boulevard Montmartre at Night")

I thought this one was very cool. It's like the woman is walking through a very colorful waterfall... I think it's pretty.

The center one is called "Trafalgar Square" by Mondrian... it's famous, but Todd and I couldn't really pin point how we knew that....

I really made it only through two floors which is pretty good in two hours. I saw a lot of stuff that I liked and loved but a lot of stuff I was like "huh?" But I was glad I went. I can officially say, that I have seen all the paintings that I wanted to see in my lifetime (I mean the ones I have known about and loved... not that I want to stop seeing paintings).

Ok, so for the next part of the evening...
Todd met me at MoMA and we made our way to Rockefeller Center. We kind of got lost but in the end we were found. Here are some highlights of evening in the city...







This now concludes our New York Adventure!

 Tonight we are actually going to JB's (Todd's boss) house for dinner and tomorrow is cleaning and packing day (oh so fun). We have seen everything we have wanted to see and we have done everything we have wanted to do; I suppose it's time to come home. Todd is very excited to come home and I of course have gotten attached to this place (not Jersey City) and will miss it. It has been so fun to go in the city whenever we have wanted and enjoy the city life. I'll miss Central Park and all the hustle and bustle of the greatest city in the world. We will not miss Jersey City, parking in Jersey City, parking tickets in Jersey City, traffic jams in Jersey City and paying twice as much for groceries in Jersey City. I will also enjoy not hearing sirens all the time and not having the streets smell like garbage. The only thing I will miss in Jersey City is the noon bells that ring pretty songs everyday:). The last thing I will miss is just having it be Todd and I (and Gus). Besides all the guests that have come to visit, this time has really just been Todd and I. We had no guy friends or gal friends to go hangout with, we just had each other. I have a feeling Todd and I will see less of each other this next semester because both of us will be so busy. I am thankful that I have been able to embark in this great adventure with my best friend and we have had the opportunity to grow together. I'm thankful that Todd is adventurous enough to take a job clear across the country and to work so hard for our family. This really has been an amazing couple of months and I will always be grateful that the Lord has watched over us here and allowed us to have this adventure.
We are excited to see all our family and friends and to spend the holidays at home!! I'm praying for a white Christmas, so hopefully Utah gets a lot of snow (after we get there). Thank you all for your love and support. We can't wait to see you all!!

And they lived happily ever after... THE END!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Okay, you made me cry. I'm so glad you two were able to go on this amazing adventure. I'm so glad we were able to come out and visit you. It was an amazing trip! I'm VERY excited for you to come home! Drive safely, and see you in about a week!

Stephanie Lowe said...

I loved all of your new York posts, so much fun! Hope you guys drive safe and have a nice Christmas!

Debbie said...

Ahhhh... that was such a great blog! Thanks for sharing all your adventures with us! I love the pictures of art that you took! We're excited to have you home, but glad you got to experience all the great things in New York!