Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Favorite Cartoons?!

Once again, I have began to reminisce about my childhood and the fact that TV isn't what it used to be. The new facebook challenge has made me realize that they don't make cartoons like they once did. As most of you know, I am a huge Disney fan, but the new Disney shows are lame!!!  I think back to the days when I would wake up to watch a show, or come home from school and watch my favorite shows with some cookies and a glass of milk. I even remember the amazing Saturday morning shows, and alas, the shows now stink (although I did get into this cartoon over the summer about the American Revolution, educational yet fun). I really think Todd and I wont have cable. Our kids will just watch Disney movies and if I ever get my hands on good ole shows, those too. So I'm making a list of my top favorites and you all should take a moment to reminisce about your favorites from the past. Here's mine:
-Mickey Mouse Club (the morning show... right after the lady did Disney aerobics... anyone remember that lady... haha)
-The Gummi Bears (Gummi Beary, Gummi Beary Juice)
-DuckTales (woo-ooo)
-My Little Pony Tails
-Talespin
-Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
-Snorks
-Smurfs (reliving this one through the IPhone App)
-Busy, Busy Town
-Carebears
-The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
-Rugrats (I learned in college that you shouldn't name a preschool or daycare this... just fyi... Jersey City didn't get the memo)
-Saved by the Bell
-Kim Possible (call me, beep me, if you want to reach, when you want to page me it's ok...)

I keep thinking of more shows...
-Wings
-Home Improvement
-Boy Meets World
-Clarrisa Explains it All

I find myself singing all the theme songs as I type. What shows helped shape your childhood?

2 comments:

Wohlford Family said...

Oh Ash...I love you!! Although, you failed to mention Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock! Dance your cares away (clap clap). Worries for another day. Let the music play (clap clap) Down at Fraggle Rock. Oh and Eureka's Castle....and David the Gnome...and Maya the Bee...and The Little Bits. Ok, I watched way too much tv.

Shelly said...

Oh my, I love it! I miss Saved by the Bell & Home Improvement, along with most of you list. I decided last night that even todays shows are getting more and more lame. King of Queens is no longer on at night, and if I want to get an Everybody Loves Raymond laugh, I have to stay up until 10:30! There just aren't any good shows to watch these days.