Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Little Moments

Yesterday was Todd and I's third anniversary; I can't believe it has been three years. I wasn't going to write anything because I knew if I did, I'd get all sappy and crap and who really cares about reading sappy stuff, haha. But I have felt blessed beyond words these last couple of days and yesterday, I finally realized (or finally came to the realization again) what a marriage is all about. To celebrate our anniversary, my body decided to make me sick, what a nice gift. It seems that every time I get a flu shot, a few days later a wonderful cold hits me and this time was no different. The whole day I tried to convince my body that it was not sick because I did not want to be sick! Todd came home from work with a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses (I will always be a girl that loves to receive flowers, I don't care if they die) and balloons. He came through the door so happy and excited that I just couldn't be sick. I, however, was feeling worse at this time but I did not want to ruin our day. We didn't have anything grand planned but we did decided to go to Barnes and Nobles, buy ourselves some new journals and talk and relax with some hot chocolate. We never made it to the hot chocolate part because I was feeling so sick and so uncomfortable due to the wonderful person inside of me, that we went home. We got home and I felt so horrible about ruining our day, that I lost it. Here it was, our last anniversary with just us two and I'm sick. I am not going to lie, I'm a tad scared to death about being a mom. Not only am I scared to be responsible for another human being, but I have been so scared that this new little person would change Todd and I's relationship for the worse. It's crazy to me that I can be so baby hunger and so ready for this baby at one minute and so scared for the change the next minute. I have loved, loved these last three years with Todd, he truly is my best friend and I have been scared for that to change. Last night however, as he took care of me, told me he loved me, ran to the store to buy me a Milky Way and bubble bath and getting a bubble bath all ready for me, I realized that a marriage isn't built upon big, fun, wonderful things, but by all the amazing little things. He didn't have to take care of me and go out of his way to help make me feel better, he could have easily just watched the Cowboys game (which we did) and not worry about me, but he didn't because he loved me. The fact that his favorite day out of three years is a day where we were stressed, tired and worried shows a lot about the kind of person Todd is. I felt guiltily, almost, saying Disneyland or NYC when we he responded with a day that showed him we can get through anything. This all reminds me of "Up." The whole movie is about Carl trying to get his house to Paradise Falls because that was Ellie's ultimate, or what he thought was, her ultimate dream. He tries so hard to make that dream a reality and then at the end he is looking through her "Book of Adventures" and it is filled with pictures of the two of them doing simple, yet wonderful things together, like looking for shapes in the clouds. Ellie had accomplished her greatest adventure by being with Carl. In the end, it's not our Paradise Falls that make our marriages great, but it is stopping to care for the other person and taking time to cloud watch together, haha. Ok, this has gotten long and sappy but I just wanted to share my realization with everyone and to say that I am looking forward to the up all night adventures I will be having with Todd and watching each other grow as we raise this little boy. I am thankful for all the little moments in life that truly make life worth while and for a husband who is always there for me. I can't wait for our next adventure to begin... in about a weekish... WEIRD!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Awe! You two make the cutest couple! I am so happy that you found each other & that you joined our family. You guys are going to be great parents. Love you guys!

Jacquelinne said...

One week!?!?! Holy smokes, I'm getting so excited! I can't wait to see this little boy--it's killing me!

We love you guys so much--know that we are thinking of you and praying for you. These next few weeks are going to be the best weeks of your life. My heart is so full just thinking about your little boy and how wonderful this experience will be for you and Todd.

The moment you hold that little boy for the first time you will understand even more how beautiful Eternal marriage is, and your love and strength as a couple will grow deeper than you ever imagined.