Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 5

So I am done giving moment-by-moment details, I just thought I’d show everyone how crazy the first two days were (and to keep for my own personal record). I probably will lose track of days too, so I will need to get creative on post titles.

Todd started his job on Tuesday and absolutely loves it! His boss apparently is way cool and he loves doing Sony projects. I think his favorite thing is finding out about things before the rest of the world does; he likes secrets. He normally works from 10-5ish but this week they haven’t been having him go in till 2. I think he has his commute down so it usually takes him 40 minutes to get from here to there. Todd is a city boy and loves being here. As for me, I’ve done really nothing. I unpacked us and that’s about it…well until today.

Thursday was my first outing to the big city and I love the big city!! Todd and I first went to the FRIENDS building in Greenwich Village. That area is beautiful!! I kept telling Todd I wanted to live there, especially the actual FRIENDS building. 
Afterwards we took a Taxi (Gus and mine’s first) to canal street/china town. 

It’s like Mexico only with Chinese people and in the USA, haha. I wanted to get a purse and the second purse shop we came to had Burberry purses. Since Todd loves Burberry I decided a purse would be fun for me. I got a very cute one and a wallet. We brought the guy down $30 dollars…not bad. We spent all the cash we had so we then made our way to Central Park. We got lost kind of but it allowed me to see more of the city. Central Park is awesome! We ate our hot dogs, listened to jazz music, met some other dog lovers and I watched a kickball game (I really want to join that league). Todd left me at 1:30 and I thought I would be able to entertain myself for 4 hours so I decided to hang around. I soon (after an hour) got tired of walking and got cold. I decided to head home but unfortunately between my phone, and a misguided direction from Todd, I got lost. I kept making circles and then I’d get some success and end up lost again. I somehow made it to Madison Square Garden, saw some more sights and eventually got on the right train. So I’ve done the whole metro thing in London and Paris and NYC is WAY more confusing!!!! First off, in those other cities there are maps everywhere and you figure out the main lines and you’re golden. Here, however, they expect you to know where you’re going. So in the end, I only got home an hour before Todd and spent the four hours lost, walking and instead of cold, hot. Luckily, I made it home minutes before it started raining cats and dogs. Even with getting lost, I love it here and so does Todd. Gus enjoys city life too; he loves all the smells, the other dogs and chasing pigeons (it takes awhile to get anywhere if he is walking). But the Altom family is safe and having fun and we will keep everyone updated on our little adventures.

No comments: