Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 24, 2010

White Trash Tour

So I know I've blogged A LOT but really I have nothing else to do... I need a new book and I got a headache from catching up on all my tv shows... so I'm blogging!
I decided I would give everyone a tour of our white trash apartment. The apartment itself is nice but since Todd and I will only be here about three months, we don't care to invest anything into the place. I told Todd this morning we were white trash and he took offense, but really, I find it very entertaining... so, here is the white trash tour.... (at least we are clean white trash)... 

Exhibit A-Todd brought me home a pretty yellow flower... our vase? Well a plastic water bottle of course... see Z&J, we reuse and recycle:)

Exhibit B- Yes, our bed is basically in the kitchen AND it doesn't have a bedskirt (a pet peeve of mine)

Exhibit C- Now I should be worried about showing off our dirty laundry, but hey, I'm white trash (so really this should be Exhibit C and D). Our hampers are Target and Wal-Mart grocery bags... reusing and recycling yet again

Exhibit E- You may be wondering what our beautiful window covers are... well to duplicate our beautiful work, accidentally purchase two $3 fitted twin sheets in any color you wish (we chose orange to go with the orange theme of the house)

Exhibit F- Now these I actually love!! They don't match, they are old and not very comfortable but they are "His & Her's Chairs." I love them! They remind me of "UP" (don't worry, a picture will soon follow). I actually love the shapes and if the flowered one was cleaned up, I think it would be really cute! What really Exhibit F is trying to show is the wonderful cardboard on the floor. We were worried about scratching the floor, so I woke up one morning to find this little trick done by Todd. All I could say when I saw it was "Smart idea Todd, that'll work," and I went on my merry way. I know think cardboard is a great idea...

To top it all off, all of our decor is basically Gus's stuff. But hey, it works.

That now concludes the white trash tour... please, don't judge...


3 comments:

christastrebel said...

lady
youre living in NY? What are you two clowns doing there and for how long?

Shelly said...

I love it! it's awesome!

Debbie said...

Ashleigh - you are too funny! BTW... I have your laundry bag here - I'll bring it when we come next week. If you need anything else from here, please let me know! :)