Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ashleigh’s First thoughts

First impressions of Todd: He is cute, awkward acting but cute! He has such blue eyes!!! Did this guy seriously just hit me?

First thoughts every time I walked into our class: I hope I look ok… quick, fluff the hair


First thought of our first date (what Todd counts as our first date): This is awkward…. This isn’t a date right?....

First time I texted him and he texted back: Did he just say I was the girl of his dreams? :)

First walk: Did this guy seriously just tell me to go on a mission… I guess he doesn’t like me

First time he told me he didn’t like me: See friends… I told you he didn’t like me… :(

First time he held my hand: Oh crap!

First kiss: A tad out of practice… I can fix that…

First time he brought me a card and a flower to cheer me up: Oh… he is too cute!

First time he made me chocolate cake: He’s a keeper!

First time he met my family: He fits in so well… He can almost out talk them

First time I met his family: Gosh… I should just marry him because of his family

First “I love you”: I knew it… and I love you too

First long goodbye: I don’t know what I’ll do without him

First time I knew with certainty that I had to marry him: Paris boat ride, wishing he was with me holding my hand

First time seeing him after the long goodbye time: Oh how I miss him and love him… he is a good kisser, I almost forgot

First time we made plans for our wedding: Wow… Am I this old already… wow… he is perfect though

First thought when I saw him the day he proposed: What is he doing here? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh

First time we went through the temple together: This man is perfect for me, I am glad he will be mine forever… he is so cute in white

First time I saw him the day we got married: I can’t believe this is happening; I am so lucky and so happy

First kiss as husband and wife: We’re married… why is everyone laughing?

With only two years of marriage under our belt, there continues to be a lot of “firsts”; first apartment, first car, first marriage fight, first holiday’s, first real hard struggle as a family, first dog and so on and so on. Through all those firsts there is no one else I would want by my side than Todd. If anyone knows our story, you’ll recall that it wasn’t an easy beginning. I remember writing in my journal that there was this guy that wouldn’t ever go away (partly because I played games… my bad) and then he turned into the guy that I never wanted to go away. I put him through a lot when we first met but I knew there was something special about him. Todd is the perfect man for me and he has stuck by me through thick and thin. He is my best friend, the best kisser and the best person I could ever have the opportunity to be with. After two years of marriage we have cried (yes, I have seen Todd cry on occasion… I know, a miracle), we have fought, we have laughed a lot, and I love him more now, then I ever thought was possible two years ago today. Thanks for being the guy that wouldn’t go away. These past two years have been the best two years of my life (hey we made it a mission’s length, nice work) and I look forward to our other firsts in our journey through eternity. Love you Todd Sagers Altom, glad you picked me!

5 comments:

Stacie Couch said...

So cute! Happy Anniversary you guys!

Shelly said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I'm so glad you two found each other. Love you both dearly!

Jacquelinne said...

Oh, Happy Anniversary you guys! I remember your wedding day like it was yesterday! :)

Billy & Alesa Beard said...

Aw!! that's so cute!!!! I love you guys!

Craig Altom said...

Tear! Great post and happy belated anniversary!