Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 24, 2010

Kids in NYC

I received a wonderful text message on Tuesday, informing me that Todd had the day off on Wednesday… doesn’t his job just sound so rough;)? But who am I to talk. Anywho, we were very excited to have another day together. Once again we decided to head to the city. Everytime we go there both Todd and I say “Let’s live here!” We really do love being there and everything about it (well except the cost). We first took the subway to the World Trade Center. Neither Todd nor I had seen that area before. It is very much under construction over there. During the subway ride, I kept thinking what it would have been like to be in that subway that day; could they hear it? Did it shut the subway down immediately? And what would it have been like to come out of the tunnel? At church some of the ladies talked about what it was like that day and they are absolutely right, if you weren’t there, you don’t really know what it was like. It was an interesting feeling to see that area but it gives one hope when you see new buildings being constructed.

I got my first glimpse of the New York Statue of Liberty while we were in that area (I say the NY because I’ve already seen two others in France…well three if you include the one in Las Vegas). The area we were in had all the Wall St and financial people having lunch… at that moment I wondered what it would be like to be rich?

I convinced Todd that we should go to my favorite place again… Central Park. We just wanted to roam around some more and I wanted to get a good look at “The Mall.” Todd and I had lunch at a restaurant that is by the sheep meadow thing (it’s the big grassy area that you see all the time in movies. They call it the sheep something because in the olden days sheep grazed that area. Now there is just a ton of people sun bathing). 

We then had ice cream at the Bethesda Fountain (that’s the fountain where the guy in “The Wedding Planner” is going to get married and where Giselle finishes singing “That’s how you know”). 


We then walked “The Mall” (also in a bunch of movies, “When Harry Met Sally”, “Maid in Manhattan” and “Big Daddy”… I’m just giving movie triviaJ). 



I entitled this blog “Kid’s in NYC” because that is basically what Todd and I are. Our next adventure was FAO Schwarz; that place is magical! I wanted to buy everything but Todd said “No.” I even found a onesie (not that I need it anytime soon) that said “Give my mommy chocolate and everything will be ok” or something to that effect… perfect? I think so. They also had M&M onesies… very cute… oh and also an elephant dress. I also wanted to buy all the stuffed animals… but Todd is a meany. Our main purpose of going there was to play on the “Big” piano (now I don’t know if it is called the “Big” piano because of the movie or because of the fact it’s big) anywho, we went there because of the movie. The guy that works at that area has the best job ever. He just watches people, teaches people and occasionally plays on the piano. Todd and this guy did “Heart and Soul” and “Chopsticks” (that one was funny because they basically had to go into the splits to get some of the notes).


Although Todd had already played the song, I had to, so I made him do it again with me. I kept messing up but finally we got it and we did it “Big” style. We had a little audience as well and at the end we received a standing ovation (granted everyone was already standing). 


After that I was pooped and ready to go home, haha (I should go there everyday so I can lose weight). Oh, Todd now thinks my favorite store, Banana Republic, is now reasonably priced and fairly cheap… yeah, yeah that’s right, woot, woot! We ventured into this one store Todd’s boss shops at (something Goodman) and not only were we very under dressed but very under supplied with money. A shirt was almost one month’s rent for us… bargain? I think not! What’s it made out of? Gold… diamonds? It better be handmade with gold tread. After we discovered we are to poor to live in Manhattan we went back to Jersey City, made hamburgers and fries and watched “What Happens in Vegas.”

At the moment Gus and I are home, bored. Waiting once again for the Comcast guy to come. You ask what I do all day, well… I clean a lot (just reorganized my shelves for no reason), read and write this blog (hence why our blog is now huge). But that’s the latest…

p.s. We finally have a real bed!!!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I LOVE all the blog updates!!! Please blog everyday. I'm so jealous of all of your adventures and I don't think 4 days will be enough when we come to visit.

P.S. I miss you!