Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 24, 2010

Park Day=a wonderful day!!!

For some reason, the things that I want to see the most here in this big city are things that are related to movies… and most of those things have to do with parks. I love parks. I don’t know why but I could spend hours and days at a park. The two places I really, really wanted to visit were of course Central Park and Riverside Park. One of my favorite movies is “You’ve Got Mail.” The whole movie is based in the west side of town by Riverside Dr. and Riverside Park. At the very end of the movie, Meg Ryan’s character (Kathleen Kelly) is waiting at Riverside Park for her online romance man to show up. Much to her surprise and excitement, her online romance guy, the man she loves, is Tom Hank’s character (Joe Fox). I fell in love with that park in the movie and I had to go there.  If Todd and I ever live long-term in NYC, I pick the west side as our place of residence. It is beautiful over there. It’s still the big city but calmer and a lot more trees and flowers. Riverside Park is very beautiful but I can imagine that it is even prettier in the spring/summer (which is when the movie takes place). I stood right were the characters stood.



Todd wasn’t all that into it but I was glad we got to go. 

I convinced Todd to walk all the way from Riverside Park to Central Park… it really isn’t that bad. We saw the Museum of Natural History, ate some more hot dogs and walked around the outside of the park. 

As we were walking a man stopped us and asked if we wanted to do a bike tour of the park (I can’t remember what it’s called but we just sit while a guy pulls us on his bike). Todd wasn’t all that into it at first (due to the cost) but my excitement and the lowering of price changed his mind. I told the guy we wanted a really exciting and funny driver; he just took us to the very first driver, haha. My first thought was “wow, this guy is smaller than me, poor thing has to pull us?” and Todd’s was “hmmm he is Asian…where is he from?” Todd asked the guy where he was from and guess what? He was from Mongolia… and the rest is history.

 The tour was a lot of fun! In case you didn’t know… that park is rather large and this was a much easier way of seeing the whole thing. I told Todd many times that I wanted to go back to certain places, but I don’t know how we would’ve walked the entire thing so I am glad we did the bike thing (I think we might rent our own bikes next week which should be fun). 

Central Park is amazing; it is so beautiful, I wanted to stay there. Every place I saw I thought of a movie (mostly “Enchanted”) and I wanted to burst into song (I occasionally twirled around but refrained from the singing). We also saw the FRIENDS fountain, which is really called Cherry Hill Fountain, but the fountain in the opening scene in FRIENDS is based on this fountain (I also refrained from jumping into it but Todd said maybe next time). 

We had a great time and Todd enjoyed speaking Mongolian. After the park we stopped at a cupcake shop…YUM!! We then ventured over to see the temple. On the way there we stopped at a post office and Burberry…haha so expensive!! Cute clothes and even cuter kids clothes. Todd found a scarf there for a mere $250…bargain? I think so! The temple is crazy…all the sudden you see the Angel Moroni. We just really looked at it but we are hoping to go do a session (once we can get new temple recommends).  On the way home, Todd got us lost, I got us found (thanks to the previous day when I got lost) and we made it home safe and sound. The night ended with “You’ve Got Mail.” It was a wonderful day. Todd and I love NYC!

No comments: