Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 25, 2010

All of New England in 1 day... sigh...

Yes, that's right all, Todd and I drove through all of New England in one day (not every inch of New England but all the of the states). It was a lot of driving but it was crazy how we did it all. The New England states are so skinny, which helped. We went through New Jersey (of course), New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The highways were lined with bright orange, red, yellow and green trees; it was beautiful. Apparently in New Hampshire there is a law that billboards are not allowed on the freeway so it doesn't detract from the pretty trues (we didn't get to see this because it was dark the whole time we were driving through New Hampshire).


Our first destination was Rhode Island. Does anyone remember a show called "Providence" that was on a long time ago? I don't remember what it was about but I can picture the brown, curly haired girl (from CSI:NY) walking along a bridge, drinking coffee and talking on her phone. I remember watching that show and thinking Providence was such a beautiful place and I wanted to visit there. Saturday we had the opportunity to go there. It was beautiful and everyone was very friendly. I could picture me in a town like that; still big city but very much old town charm.




I'm pretty sure it took us 45 minutes to drive through Rhode Island... that state got gipped on size but not on beauty. Oh, oh, can I just say that the policemen there dress so cute. They are all fancy and stuff and wear leather brown, knee high boots. I kept wanting to get pulled over so I could complement them on their attire.

Our next destination was Boston. Yet another place I could picture us living! So pretty!! I kept telling Todd to get into Harvard:). I wish we would have been able to stay longer but the clock was tickin. We drove along the harbor (there was something going on around there because there was tons of people!), went to Harvard, eat at the best pizza and sub shop in Boston (that's what the sign said anyways... I wanted to run in there and congratulate them, ya know, like on "ELF") and went to Fenway Park (go Red Sox... next year...)

Harvard Business School



Next was Salem... BOO! It took forever to get into the city, ya'd think they would devise a better route. Because Salem is basically Halloween Town, USA there was a bunch of stuff going on. Every weekend in the month of October they have a festival and a festival means yummy food (and people all dressed up)!! We walked around and saw the sites of the Salem Witch trials, eat, and headed out. We thought this would be a fun place to bring kids. In one of the parks they had a big screen that was showing "The Addams Family" (I thought that was neat and I wanted to stay and watch).


We then drove to Maine... basically to say we were once there (for 10min)... But I'm sure Maine is very beautiful and I could picture us living there...


We then drove through New Hampshire... no proof... to dark...

We finally landed in Bennington, VT. It was too dark for me to judge it's beauty and whether or not I could live there. We spent the night there... very tacky and old decorations (and TV) but it did have a king size bed!!! The next morning we arose and left our humble abode. We eat at a restaurant called "Full Bellies." The service was very fast and the food was cheap and tasty! Bennington reminded us of Driggs; cute and charming but couldn't really live there full time. Don't worry, we bought some Vermont Maple Syrup...  not for everyone of course, just us... it's spendy! :)



We then headed home to ugly New Jersey... not the Garden State but the Garbage State... sorry for the people that like NJ, I just have not found a very pretty place so far...

That concludes our New England Adventure... the end!

3 comments:

Wohlford Family said...

Ah...I love reading about the Fabulous Life of Ashleigh. You always have fun adventures! And I've decided that you and Todd and Gus should all be on a magazine or something! You are too cute!

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you updated! It's good to hear about your adventures.

Jacquelinne said...

Wow, I have always really loved the architecture and natural beauty of New England. I definitely think I could live out there!

So glad you were able to have such a fun adventure and see all of those states!