Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 15, 2010

Gus will be famous!




































As probably most of you know, Todd and I are obsessed with our dog. Gus is practically our child so I guess it's a good thing we love him (wait until we have actual human kids... we will be even crazier). We pretty much think Gus is the cutest dog ever, and a lot of people agree with us. Every time we go out we always get "Oh look at that cute puppy," "How old is he?," "What's his name?," "What breed is he? I want one!" If Todd didn't have me, Gus would be quite the chick magnet. Even having me, Todd gets stopped all the time by girls wanting to know about Gus. Basically, we are pretty proud of our little pooch.
When we first decided to get Gus, I did some research and decided we would feed him BLUE Buffalo. Todd didn't want our dog to eat just any kind of dog food so I found the best. Every time we get a new bag of food, there is always this card with a picture of a dog and the dog's bio. I thought Gus needed to be put in dog food so I looked online and made a mock up "Trading Card" (that's what BLUE calls them) about Gus. I didn't really think much of it except that people can go to the BLUE website and look at "Trading Cards" and see Gus. However, today I got an email from a marketing guy from BLUE and they want to actually use Gus's pictures as advertisement online and his picture will actually go in bags; I knew my dog was cute. The best part about it is we get free dog food for a year (which is awesome because having the best does not mean the cheapest)! So Gus's picture will be sold throughout the land, we will probably have the paparazzi surrounding us shortly and Steven Spielberg will probably call and want to use Gus in the movies... ok, I'm going a little overboard but Todd wanted me to share the news:) Yippy for free dog food!!! See Todd, I may have not made money but I saved money!! I knew Gus would come in handy someday... now it they would just pay to have him neutered...


If you want to see what Gus's trading card looks like, click on the link:

bluebufftradingcards.com

3 comments:

Craig Altom said...

Oh my gosh!!! Go Gus, Gus Altom! That's so exciting! I really am so excited for you guys! Make sure to post pictures when the new bags are released!!!

Shelly said...

That is so cool! Congrats! Gus IS so cute!

Debbie said...

Way to go Ashleigh! That is creative marketing at its best! Very cute picture of Gus too. :)