Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 4, 2010

A "Wicked" weekend!

This weekend we had the pleasure of having Mark and Debbie come visit. They had a rough plane ride but showed up at our place around noon on Friday. Todd was at work but both his parents and I wanted to go see where he worked, so we headed into the city during the late afternoon. I was so proud that I got us there and didn't get lost!! We had to check in at this security place and have Todd paged (although the security guy didn't know who Todd Altom was...hey, maybe someday hun). Todd has a very nice cubical but needs to be decorated. Todd's boss, who we call JB, was very nice and it seemed like he really liked Todd (but who wouldn't?). After that, I got my early birthday present; it is a camera...it is beautiful!! It really is for the both of us because Todd will probably take more pictures with it than I will, so I'm thinking I  need other stuff for my birthday...
I had heard that Serendipity is a really fun and good restaurant to eat at, so Todd and I had made reservations for all of us to go eat there. It is decorated very interesting but fun. The menus are HUGE (see pic below).

The food was pretty good; I liked what I got a lot but, Debbie's had bugs....GROSS! She handled it very nicely, I would've demanded they cover the entire bill, but she just switched dishes. Serendipity is known for their frozen hot chocolate. Todd and I tried it; it was huge and pretty good. Mark and Debbie got a gigantic Sundae...go big or go home!

Saturday was "Wicked" day! It was so good; we all loved it!
Us inside the theater...we had great seats!

Debbie and I don't like this picture but it does show off our t-shirts we got and Todd's cup:)

Later that night...really later...8:00pm...the boys went to the Priesthood Session of Conference. Debbie and I read and played games on our IPhone/ITouch...oh and Debbie brushed Gus (this is worth mentioning because she really doesn't like dogs but she is warming up to Gus me thinks)! Todd's new favorite pie is Pumpkin Cream, that was discovered while we had dessert once the boys got home. 
The next day was conference and we listened to it all, went for a walk in Jersey City and played card games (it was a very good night of cards for me...sorry hun). Monday morning we went to this wonderful restaurant for breakfast called "Brownstone Pancake Factory" so good. Gus and I are all alone now, hence the blogging. But it was so fun to have Mark and Debbie here for the weekend; we wished they could've stayed longer. Thank you Mark and Debbie for everything!! We have such an amazing family and we love you all!

p.s. I might not be able to make it into broadway while I'm here...apparently you have to be really good...hmmm...but I would've made a good Glinda (Galinda), minus the whole singing good thing...oh well

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Such a great weekend and good memories! It's nice to be able to picture Todd's work and your cute little apartment!