Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Rest of Us

Todd- Todd is getting oh so close to finishing his training program. Soon he will be getting a promotion and he'll be a real Wal-Mart person. Today is Wednesday and I'm not a huge fan of Wednesdays because Todd has mutual and then after mutual he goes and plays basketball. I don't really like being ditched, but I know it's good for him to get out and do something he loves to do. Along with young mens he is helping out with this teacher appreciation thing our stake holds for the schools in the area. It isn't keeping him too busy but that is another thing on his plate. He also plays the organ in sacrament once a month, another great excuse to practice something he loves. On top of all that, he is going to start building us some side tables. A man in our ward builds furniture for fun and also to sell and is going to help/teach Todd how to build some much needed side tables. The side tables are the start of our bedroom redue. It'll be neat to have something he has built and they will probably be the nicest furniture we have. If this goes well, we will probably have a dresser made to match once we get some extra cash (or maybe sooner if our dresser falls apart, fingers crossed). So that's Todd's life.

Ashleigh- My life basically revolves around the babe. My current projects are figuring out what to do with our bedroom, figuring out how and where I want to put a photo wall and working on Hayden's baby books. I have completed one book of his birth and newborn pictures and am working on a book that will contain pictures of all of his "firsts." This book will take a year to complete but I thought I should start working on it so I don't get too behind. I've really enjoyed creating the books but I'll probably not be to good at scrap booking after the year mark, I'm realistic. Thanks to pinterest, I am also making a "Life" book for Hayden to keep all his important stuff throughout his life. I've started eating a tad healthier, smoothie most mornings (go me) and it now takes me three days to eat a thing of break and bake cookies:). Last night we made our way out to the Wal-Mart gym to workout. We had it all planned out; I'd go to my first Zumba class and Todd would run with Hayden on the indoor track. Once we got there our plans were demolished. Strollers weren't allowed on the track and I don't feel comfortable taking Hayden to the daycare yet, so I worked out for 20minutes and then Todd worked out for 20minutes... I'm so going to lose the remaining baby weight at this rate. Till I feel comfortable leaving Hayd at the daycare, Just Dance and some P90x will have to be my workout.

Gus- The other day at the grocery store, we bought Gus a new ball. Somehow through our two vacations in two months, we lost his ball. This ball was a huge mistake. He is obsessed with this dumb ball that is way squeaky. He needs to start going to fetching anonymous, he needs the 12 step system. Gus got a hair cut yesterday and he looks funny!! I have been a bit neglectful in combing Gus and he had a few too many mats. The groomer had to shave a lot more then we normally do. He looks like an old, naked dog. Luckily, it's hair and it will grow back, soon I hope.

No comments: